Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Radiolab

I'm sticking to what I said about postponing my psychology and Christianity series for now, but I decided to pop back in for a minute to tell you about Radiolab, which I discovered last night.

Radiolab describes itself as such: "Radiolab believes your ears are a portal to another world. Where sound illuminates ideas, and the boundaries blur between science, philosophy, and human experience. Big questions are investigated, tinkered with, and encouraged to grow. Bring your curiosity, and we'll feed it with possibility."

Personally, it's a little trippy. But it's also really very interesting, especially for those of you who are auditory learners (like myself). It isn't just listening to someone talk; though it has that too. But in this podcast, audio effects are like color accents in the visual world, bringing out new and engaging depth.

The podcast episode I listened to first was called "Words". The whole question of the program was exploring the connection between thought and language. What is thinking without language? What is it like to live without language? To find out their discoveries and theories (not all of which I agree with but are extremely absorbing), go to the Radiolab website or the podcast on iTunes which is FREE! 


No comments:

Post a Comment